Friday, August 20, 2010

Did i make the right move by breaking up with my girlfriend? LONG, but please read, i would really appreciate?

I dated a girl for 2 years and we broke up because i was her 1st ever real long term relationship and she felt she needed to date around. we were separated for 8 months until i was in a car wreck and hospitalized. she wrote my mother an email telling her that her heart is still in fact with me and the 3 guys she has dated over the past 8 months dont even compare to me and she wants to be back with me cuz she loves me. so her and i tried everything again, she was great in the beginning taking a lot of care of me and treating me right. but then she went to college and joined a sorority, and things slowly started going downhill. i found myself seeing her 1 to 2 times a week while she hung out with fraternity guys and sorority girls way more than i ever saw her. and i told her this and she said ';u act like i only have 1 friend and i spend all the time with them, u need to realize i have a lot of friends now and this isnt a chapter in my life i want to skip out on. i give u every second of free time i have'; so i dealt with only seeing her once or twice a week for about 3 months. during the last 2 months of our relationship we never did anything other than kiss, we use to mess around a few times a week, but towards the end kissing was all. she said she just wasnt in the mood to have sex, although she loved me very very much. she always told me she loved me and she def. is not the type of girl to cheat, she truly loved me. however after 2 months of a so so relationship a senario happened in which i got upset with her for drinking with other guys and going to the club with them. i trust her, but we both told each other we would never put the other in that spot without the other one. 5 months prior to this she got real mad at me for drinking with my father one night, i was under the assumption our rule not drinking without the other was more for friends of the opposite sex ect. not fathers. in any case i apologized to her cuz i had in fact broke the rule, well now 5 months later i was upset at her for drinking with those guys and going to the club with them. mad at her for the exact same reason she was mad at me for drinking with my dad. however she kept continually saying ';i didnt so $hit wrong'; ';i did nothing wrong'; so i got fed up with it and told her never to talk to me again.





so my question is, will someone as stubborn as her ever realize she was setting a double standard and treating me unfair? she is the type of person that when i was upset or hurt or mad instead of doing what a normal 2 way relationship could does (apologize and figure out what u can do to make your partner feel better) she would instead try to convince me that the reason im upset at her is freaking stupid. EVERY single time i was upset with something she would tell me she hasnt done anything wrong. she thinks she is a princess or something at the age of 19. im 22. well the truth is i love her a lot and wish i could be with her, but i just cant. i cant be in a relationship like that where she is being a hypocrite and not working on her side to keep us going. i wish she would come back to me (even tho i broke up with her) and tell me she has changed and wants to make things work now. but the odds are she needs to date more guys cuz they obviously arent going to put up with this either. and maybe she'll learn.so my question is, since i broke up with her and she is livid with me for breaking it up with her. we both are too stubborn to talk with 1 another. i dont wanna talk to her cuz i know if she comes back it will just end up in the same situation. however i wish and hope eventually down the line she realizes how bad she treated me and how good i treated her and how good of a relationship we had. so finally my question is, if i really did treat this girl really good, and we had a great relationship over almost 3 years. what are the odds she dates other guys and a year or 2 passes and she realizes the same thing she did before (that im the best guy she has ever dated). are there good odds she comes back again, in realization that i really was one of the best guys she ever dated? NOTE: whether or not i take her back when that time comes i do not know, i will cross that bridge when the time comes if it does. i just really wanna know why girlfriends ive dated always seem to come back to me. and if u think this girl might actually change thru time.Did i make the right move by breaking up with my girlfriend? LONG, but please read, i would really appreciate?
She seems like a self centered person, and never seems to realise who are the people who truly treat and care for her.


She might change through a long period of time. I can't say when, and how possible is that because I don't know her. But though, if she truly loved you, then there's a chance. But on the other chances she might just stay the same, and even if she realises her wrongs, she might feel too guilty to actually go back to you.





My advice is to move on from her.


You seem like an awesome guy who many girls are attracted to due to your personality.


Just remember there are many other girls in the world who will appreciate you. Perhaps your ex girlfriend will alter her personality for the better, but I can say that it is not worth just sitting down and waiting. Because it might not even happen.


Just go look for other people and I'm sure you can still be happy. Meet other girls and see if it works out. Don't just lay back for two or more years and see if she changes. Because that is just a waste load of time. And you need to grab each opportunity in life when it comes. Plus, she didn't cherish you when she was with you, it is her lost. You sacrificed a lot for her, and she needs to see that before you guys can actually date again.


I guess you also need to understand that she got a lot of friends too, and she adapted to that popularity. But otherwise than that, she needs to open up her eyes and see the world more clearly.





Good luck with everything,and for my opinion you deserve much better.Did i make the right move by breaking up with my girlfriend? LONG, but please read, i would really appreciate?
She just cares about herself, she wont ever change. Find a gf that cares about you.
Keep your hopes up but don't hold your breath.
i skimmed it. its long as hell. from what i can gather...





if shes taking over your life with double standards, you're better off without her. No she wont change. Well she might in like 10 years but **** waiting around for that and praying that she will change. theres 4 billions girls in the world, if you were unhappy with one, its time to move on. dont second guess yourself, you know you were unhappy there. you may be unhappy where you are now aswell, but at least now you have the chance for a positive change, staying with her nothing will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment