Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with jealous folks on your job when quitting is not an option, and its making work miserable?!?

I met the love of my life at my current job and we have been dating now almost 2 years. I happen to work with about 80% women and there are a lot of single, divorced and never been married ladies out there. Also, a lot of them are not citizens and some have men waiting for them back in the countries they are from. But to make a long story short, another guy on the job liked me, and several months before me and my boyfriend started dating, he asked me out. We talked on the phone a few times, but we never went out, we just didn't click, and dude was very immature. So fast forward to maybe 3 months later, my current bf starts working there, after maybe 4 months we start dating seriously. Well the other dude didn't take my rejection good, and he went around the job bad mouthing me to folks. He went as far as to say my current bf took me away from him! I'm sorry, but a few phone calls don't make a person your girlfriend! And from there, it brings us to the current situation. Those women were jealous before, because when I started at the job, 2 other guys asked me out before this last clown did, but now they are worse! Me and my boyfriend don't openly show affection out there, we do as minimum as possible, but those ladies there give us a hard time. Most of the ladies stopped speaking to me, they are cold to he and I both. If we take our break together, they watch us the whole time with cold glares. Even if its innocent and we sit together, they become enraged! They talk about us terribly out there too. We once shared some take out food in his car on our lunch break, and someone saw us outside, by the time it reached inside good, a little innocent break turned into a wild sex romp in the backseat of his car! I am really surprised we haven't been fired over the lies and stuff people say about us. We don't take breaks together anymore, or show affection, but I love this man nad I'm tired of hiding to keep the peace there. What can I do? There are at least 3 other couple there who openly kiss and hug, with no problem, but all eyes are only on me and my boyfriend? What gives? BTW I am 31 and he is 10 years older, could that be there problem? Nobody will confront us head on about issues with us, but it's obvious they all have issues, and the things that get back to us are from maybe the 2 people left at the place that don't have a problem with us? Please help me find a solution for us?How do you deal with jealous folks on your job when quitting is not an option, and its making work miserable?!?
Hmmm looks like the Majority of the people like this guy and are siding with him over you and your BF.. Nothing you can really do, just go to work, clock in, do your job and go home!! I almost got into the same position with a girl here but i have fear to ask her out because i dont want my bosses finding out and before you know it my whole dept is asking me question. Just worry about yourself and your man and nothing else, if they want to talk, let them.How do you deal with jealous folks on your job when quitting is not an option, and its making work miserable?!?
Deal with it.





This is the stuff that happens when you sh$t where you eat (so to speak)





It's WORK, not a dating service.
  • computer security
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment