Friday, August 20, 2010

What do do when your girlfriend of 7 years asks for space to figure herself out?

Well, it started about 2 weeks ago. she approached me and said she thought we needed a little space. i didnt take her seriously. why all of a sudden after 7 years would she ask for space. i said whatever and went with it thinking she would be back the next day, man was i wrong. the first few days went fine. she would call and see how i was doing and i told her i was fine. we live togather for a while now. we had a rocky relationship which seemed to always figure itself out. during the past few years, we had a unhealthy relationship. a lot of arguing, verbal abuse, miscommunication exc. she just turned 21, has got a taste of the bar and going out with her friends. iam 23 and have a full time job. ive already lived the bar scene and party life and iam past that stage. i am in disbelief she wont take me back, i never thought she would actually leave me after all we have been through. i took it pretty rough after about 5 days of not being together. at first i started acting psycho, breaking stuff, acting like an ****** after realizing she wouldnt take me back or listen to me when i told her how i felt. then i started being depressed, crying, contimplating suicide. i didnt know whether i was coming or going. i would tell her i realized we had a bad relationship and i wanted to make thing better and be a different person, honestly. and she just told me she does want to work things out, she just isnt ready. she doesnt want to end things forever. i decided to move my stuff out and put it in storage because i was upset she wouldnt take me back. that really upset her. she told me she didnt want me to move out. i really dont know what to think there is a lot more to the story. in the past few days since i have moved out i have given her space. i havent called her at all. she has been calling me, asks me where i am what im doing, exc. i know she still loves me, and i love her more than she will ever know. she still wears her engagement ring. i dont understand why she is being so stubborn to take me back and try to work things out. she says she just wants to figure herself out. she says she doesnt want to see or date anyone or anything like that. i know she still cares because she still calls and has to know where i am. what should i do? i just want to work thing out and show her i can be a better person.What do do when your girlfriend of 7 years asks for space to figure herself out?
You should give her time and think about the things you did to her, if they were right and if you meant to do them. I think she's just your drug right now. Both of you sound like you're in an addictive relationship. But you need to handle your anger, maybe that's why she needs time?

No comments:

Post a Comment