Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I really put up with how he's treating me?

I've been with my boyfriend for just over 6 months now... and he's great and stuff most of the time, but when he's stressed, he treats me like crap. Seriously. He gets stressed loads too. At the moment his excuse is that he has 2 exams next week. For the past week he's just been such a jerk. He shouts at me for nothing (an example is that he was reading something and I was there and all I said was ';Your highlighter hasn't got a lid on it'; and I was trying to be helpful, and wasn't interrupting him in any other way, and he fully exploded at me.) Today, my crime is the complete opposite - I was studying too and just letting him get on with it, and he's the same! On the phone earlier I asked what I'd done wrong and he hung up. He also hit me earlier when I went to put my arm around him to try and reassure him/calm him down. I don't need advice on this bit, because to me that is entirely unacceptable and I will be having harsh words with him. But my overall question is that, should I even put up with this at all? Am I being selfish, or overreacting? Because to me I feel like if you are over stressed you go and take it out on something else like going to the gym, instead of making your girlfriend feel completely rubbish. And it's not like I don't do stuff for him... I cook for him every day since we buy our food together (it's cheaper)... and today he repays me by shouting at me and cooking food for himself and not me when HE wants to eat. If I'm hungry and hes studying and I say ';Do you want dinner soon?'; I have to wait until he's done... but when I say ';Can we wait half an hour, i'd like to finish'; he just says ';Fine then, F*** you'; and goes and eats anyway! UUUUUUGH I'm so frustrated but I don't know if its PMT, MY exam stress... or what!Should I really put up with how he's treating me?
Looks like hes under a lot of stress....


Tell him that yes you understand hes having a hard time but he has no right to let his anger out on you tell him that what hes doing is unacceptable and if he carries on its over (if you want it to be)


But if you still want him support him or just kinda stop talking to him as much as you normally do and he would notice and pay attention play him thats what id do.Should I really put up with how he's treating me?
Don't put yourself out there for someone who doesn't respect you all of the time. Arguing is one thing, showing that level of disrespect is another.
No you should not put up with this at all.
Do not put up with this!!!! That is not normal. When normal people are under stress they WANT someone there to make them feel better or to make them laugh or smile. If he treats you like crap he wont stop. Imagine something worse like him being stressed because of debt. WHen he gets super stressed he'll probably try to hurt you. So just leave him. You'll find better
too much studying and not enough booty is his problem. at the very least play with his ding dong!
Argh, I would not put up with any of it honestly..


Look, Exams in his life are going to be a lot easier than experiences he will have later in life. If he treats you like this now because of exams, how is he going to treat you when something else happens that is even more stressful?


Sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do.


No you shouldnt be putting up with any of this. You don't deserve to be treated that way.
that guy is crazy he is dealing with some issue,sorry baby you have to leave him he put is hands on you,that is enough,i cant say what his problem is,it could be many different thing don';t wait to find out it could hurt you,be strong

No comments:

Post a Comment