Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I plan a great Mass Effect 2 party for my fiancee?

If you're a Mass Effect fan, please help!





My fiancee is a huge fan of Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 comes out January 26, 2010 and I would like to decorate the apartment and have a little party (just for us) on that day to make it special for him. He doesn't know I took the day off from work, so while he's at work, I plan to decorate the apartment and bake a cake for him and completely surprise him when he walks in the door!





So far I've purchased the Mass Effect soundtrack for him (to have blaring when he walks in), I'm going to bake a cake and decorate it with frosting as the game cover, I plan on buying a bunch of space ship/outer space themed balloons to have everywhere... but then I get stuck. If anyone has any great ideas, please let me know! What would make your day as a Mass Effect fan if your girlfriend surprised you?





(By the way, I'm not stupid... I know the first thing he wants to do when he walks in the door is play the game and I am more than excited to watch him play it. I just want the day to be special for him because he's waited so long for this game to come out.)How can I plan a great Mass Effect 2 party for my fiancee?
How about get a whole load of your girlfriends over and dress up in Mass Effect 2 themed Lingerie and skimpy outfits I'm sure every ME2 fan would agree with me.How can I plan a great Mass Effect 2 party for my fiancee?
You're right, he's going to want to play that game asap, but I'm quite sure he'll appreciate the soundtrack playing as he walks in, and the cake idea is good too. If you really want him to feel like Commander Shepard, you might:





Cosplay as Liara (blue chick)





have plenty of junk food snacks as gamer fuel, possibly order his favorite restaurant meal and either have it delivered or pick it up for him





enjoy the game with him. You may already be a gamer and not have this as an issue, but many times gamers with non gamer significant others feel estranged(or vice versa) because of the non interest. I'm not saying fake it, but if you give it a shot, you may actually like it.





I think the amount of though alone you've put into this should impress him. I'm sure he'll think himself lucky!





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment