Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you make your own candle wax melter instead of spending $500+ on one?

my girlfriend and i are just starting our candle making business. Instead of spending $500+ on a wax melter, is does anyone know how to make their own? i was thinking possibly out of a large coffee pot with the spout on it.. but i'm unsureHow do you make your own candle wax melter instead of spending $500+ on one?
I don't know if this will help but my husband makes candles and he does it on the stove top with a double boiler type set up. Big pan with water boiling and then a smaller pan that doesn't quite fit in the bigger pan but will still sit level. The hot water will melt your wax. Good Luck with your new businessHow do you make your own candle wax melter instead of spending $500+ on one?
Visit www.candletech.com/budgetmelte鈥?They have step by step instructions (with pictures) on how to turn a Presto Pot into a wax melter. I plan on doing this myself. Hope this helps.

Report Abuse



I use a large stick-free skillet-type pot that sits on its own burner. It's like a slow cooker except it gets hotter. This way it can sit on my covered work table and be plugged in to an electrical outlet.

Report Abuse



I don't know how well this will work, but you can try melting wax on a double boiler. Take a pot of water and bring it to a boil. But a glass bowl on top (one that fits on top without falling in) Put the wax in the bowl and the heat from the boiling water should melt it to the consistency you need. I can't say I've ever done it with candle wax, but it works beautifully with chocolate.
if you want go to a hobby lobby and get one for $20.00..or get two cheap pots and make a double boiler....and good luck,,i am a soap maker...so this is cool

No comments:

Post a Comment