Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If you and your girlfriend have had a baby, and she moved out and shes so bitter, how do you get her to talk?

My girlfriend moved out because of the arguing that me and her used to do so much, and it got to a point where she just took her stuff and left. We share the baby every day, but she just seems so bitter, and snappy at me and all I do is want her to talk to me, or at least have a normal functioning relationship. She's been really secretive about everything, she wont even tell me where she is or what shes doing or make excuses and lie. I have a mild suspicion that she may be seeing someone else. What sort of things should I look for? Her roomate has also said that she's been distancing herself from everything, what sort of psychological thing does this mean. I've told her about how I feel and how badly I just want her to come home in person and through text messages, and when I text message her she wont answer me at all, and will only answer me if it has something to do that concerns her. She doesn't like to be criticized at all, and she's been screwing up a lot lately and it's really hard for me to bite my tongue because I can't stand irresponsibility. No matter how sweet I am, or the things I do or say, doesn't seem to phase her at all. She left me once a while back when she got pregnant and came home 5 weeks later. So this isn't the first time that she's left me. I will quote her in a message she sent me.





';You don't love me for who I am, you want me to change everything. You kept your hopes up that I'd change for you, but nothing will, I did the same for you. And it's not going to bring me back. I have come to accept that if I stayed with you, we'd never be happy. We'd always have a problem, it has to be time to move on. I can't live the rest of my life like that.';





The things that she's refering to as ';changing for me'; meaning, she was a complete slob, wouldn't clean anything, would make messes all the time, wouldn't ever make dinner, wouldn't buy groceries, and wouldn't take care of our baby properly. I'd come home from work at the end of the day and our baby wouldnt be fed at all, or she would just feed her raman noodles or muffins from McDonalds. And her keeping up her hopes that I would change for her, meaning that I would lay off and stop telling her to be responsible.





If anyone has experienced this in their lives, please share with me how you dealt with it, or how you got her to come home. Or in this case, if you're a woman and a man did this to you, let me know how it worked out. I just want her to come home, and it's been a month already and she doesn't seem to want to come back...but I'd like to change that.If you and your girlfriend have had a baby, and she moved out and shes so bitter, how do you get her to talk?
First of all, now there is someone else involved, a baby. You and this girl need to realize it is not about you anymore! This baby needs love from both of you. Be good parents, suck it up, and quit fighting. This child needs a stable environment to be raised in. Not here and there. Start thinking about whats best for the child, not what works for you or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment