Friday, August 20, 2010

This one's gonna make your head hurt ;) (about an ex)?

Ive been broken up with my ex for years, to the point when the last time we were officially together we were just kids. I threw out everything that had to do with him, all the pictures, all the notes, all the songs. Now I just feel crazy. I thought all that was the steps you needed to take to make someone go away, to not think about them anymore. It's like some weird drug, I get this desire to call him up, to go see where he is or what he's doing. If I ever do get a hold of him, I have this strange happiness for weeks on end.





Alright, so that much I could see someone saying, so go for it. But I have, and it just hasn't worked out. Sometimes he tells me he feels the same way, sometimes he tells me he's completely over it and I'm thinking about things long gone. It just sucks. I don't know anyone in this kinda situation.


We broke up because basically I moved out of town for college. He wasn't getting a job or doing much with his life. I kinda needed to focus and keep going and was getting brought down. But I mean were older now and he's got a job and tells me he's changed a lot,


So anyways here the deal. I tried to get him back, but the fact that I lived so far away was still a problem. He would talk to me for a day, then I'd go out of town and we'd never really get anywhere because either it left off on he loves me or he loves me not. Also, there was an episode about a year or so after the break up where he was doing something similar to me, trying to get me to come back and even break up with a current boyfriend.


It's really been a mess. I've ruined a lot of his relationships and he's ruined a lot of mine. This has been going on a really long time, and this whole time I've been wishing it would just go away. How the hell do you make these feelings go away?


Now, it's a really big problem for me. After trying to get him back the last time and getting frustrated that it was going nowhere, I finally tried to just accept that it looked like I was alone on this and I needed to move on.


I'm dating this perfect guy who is the best thing ever for me. I'm pretty much always happy, progressive, and feel like I can work really well with the guy. My friends love him, my family loves him, and I love him. But for some really dumb reason I can't figure out because of the internal WAR going on in my head, I feel the urge to call my ex. It's probably about once a month at least. Sometimes more or less. But umm...thats KINDA a problem! How can I really, REALLY forget about this guy if nothing works? I tried talking to him about it and accepting it, and still felt the same, throwing all the stuff out, still felt the same, living in a different state, and ';time healing'; all didn't work. What the hell? I need someone to exorcise him from my life. Is THAT a possibility?


What this really comes down to for me is logic vs emotion. Logic tells me that I have a damn good thing going, and I'm going to really screw it up and loose someone important to me if I even THINK about my stupid ex. Emotions tell me that I talk to this guy one day and I am glowing for the next two weeks. I get angry when I hear his name, when I hear about love and all that. I get angry and then I call him because I can't stand it. I seriously blush a little if his shoulder touches mine. But you can't trust emotions, emotions change. Logic doesn't change. Somone who is always there for you, always supports you no matter what and WILL tell you how they feel about you is way more important than an old flame who burns away all happiness.


If I weren't with my boyfriend, I would still be trying to get him back for sure. If I never met him however, I would be the happiest person in the world for sure. I wrote a list of pros and cons to both and it was literally equal. Btw, he has a girlfriend, and what he HAS said to me is basically almost exactly the same as what I'm saying. He loves her and can see marrying her, but he can't watch love movies with her without getting angry or thinking its stupid.





This is, surprisingly, the short version of this story.This one's gonna make your head hurt ;) (about an ex)?
Holy S h i t its the new twilight seriesThis one's gonna make your head hurt ;) (about an ex)?
jeeeeeeeesus rather not !
holy, cliffs plz
There is no way I'm reading all of that.
oh suprisingly it was the short version, i read the last line ;)
Me either...way too long
i second that, why would u write so much???? sorry i have more important things to do, but good luck with watever problem you had
I read it all...and it sounds like a real ******* delima. I would say you need closure to him. You need to go back and see him and decide whether you wanna break up with your current boyfriend for him and he do the same for you, or let it drop. I say you go and talk to him, completely alone and gain some closure. That's all I can really think of but all the times I have ever had anything like this in my life, closure was what I needed. And when I got it, I was able to move on. I hope this helps some. :( That's all I can think of. Best of luck!





And remember, life partners are someone you can love with your heart AND your logic. So you need a guy who loves you for both, too. Don't settle on your ex just over your heart and don't settle with your current boyfriend just over logic. One goes hand in hand with the other and once you love someone for both those things...that is true happiness. :)
I can't believe I read that whole thing. Haha I must have no life. What you need to do is get your ex out of your life. Delete his number, myspace profile from your friendslist, block him form your contacts, whatever just GET HIM OUT!! He might not be a bad person but he is ruining your life! Emotional roller coasters are hell! I've been through something similar with my ex and I never want to go through that hell again. I'm actually still going through that hell a little bit. Although I'm over him and I love someone else it still hurts when he tells me about this girl he's dating. So I contact him as little as possible. You should tell the guy that you're with right now about your problem, sometimes it helps to know someone's on your team.
maybe you shouldnt be in the new relationship





however, it sounds like a future with your ex is far from being real right now





as you are in seperate states its obviously not an option right now





but never say never as if its true love it can work in the future





just work on yourself and things will work themselves out





are you being fair to your boyfriend?
wow i didnt read but its your ex and it seems like your not over him because you wrote a whole story about him. umm what was your question?
Well, you two seem perfectly normal... The truth about human beings is that one doesn't replace another. You ma y not forget him and he may not forget you no matter who you are with.





Maybe it's because neither of you really want to have a steady relationship with anybody. You both could enjoy dating and having new flames, but once it gets serious you get fidgety. It makes you feel like your locking yourself into someone and it scares you.





I understand all of this. I've been there. And believe me it's no picnic because the deal is that you don't want to be alone either. You may feel pressured by your new relationships so that you have to lock yourself into them, or else you'll lose them.





I think you need to be honest with yourself, and make a decision if push comes to shove, and they make you choose. These are your choices:





1. Saying you want to be alone, to be able to go out with whomever you like, but you know they will too.





2. Cheating on both of them, which could turn out ugly.





3. Making the ex, make a decision.





4. Dumping the current boyfriend and going with the ex depending on his response.





5. staying with the current boyfriend and dumping the ex.





6. Finally, staying alone and being with no one.





Many times I have had to opt for 1 and 6...;(
I read the entire story, unlike a lot of other people who just complained about it being 'too long'. Your relationship is, if you haven't noticed yet, a roller coaster. You absolutely NEED to get away from him. Like another person said, you need to delete his number and throw out anything that encourages any contact with him, but not before calling him up and telling him that it is the last time you will talk to each other. Get on with your life, and so something that makes you happy.








Good luck, darling!
There is no closure in your mind. You're still hung up on the ';what could have been'; thing. So call him up. Tell him that this is the last time he'll ever hear from you because you're going to move on with your life without him. Then delete his number and any other contact information you may have. Focus on what you have that does make you happy.
  • get rid of acne
  • wavy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment